Graciela Neira is an artist who studied Fine Arts in Argentina, and has worked in Bolivia for over 30 years in the recovery of native cultures.
Graciela resided for 12 years in the Bolivian Amazon living three days on foot from any other inhabitants. She lived without money, growing and harvest what she needed and learning to live in another way.
All of these experiences are translated into her current reality and reflected in her newest project “The Biosphere”. “The Biosphere” built by the great Bolivian architect Mario Moscoso is a nature-inspired architectural vision of their life. Come work with Graciela she offers internships in her Eco-hotel, organic gardens and educational projects with the hope that she can share and learn from others.
Internships at the “The Biosphere” are divided into five areas:
- Hospitality: Marketing and administration of the ECO-Hotel
- Animals: Feeding and care of the “Biosphere”animals including a horse, llamas, peacocks and other birds as well as the preparation of educational materials inspired by them.
- Environmental Education and children: Creating an awareness program for school children on ecology, environment and respect for animals. Developing different artistic practices to inspire children to become environmental stewards through “Education through Art”
- Environmental Community Service: Working with the residents of “Biosphere” reforesting, recycling, improving sidewalks, streets and ditches. Creating of public art in the form of broken tile murals. Supporting initiatives to strengthening the organization’s Environment Quarter.
- Organic Gardens: Improving”The Biosphere’s” organic gardens.
- Independent, mature, self-starters
- Basic construction skills very useful as is a strong interest in ecology
- Flexibility, adaptability, and curiousness always useful
- Conversational level of Spanish required
- Experience in organic gardening helpful
- Experience in illustration and writing of educational materials especilly children’s stories
- Must like animals in particular horses, birds and dogs!
Minimum time: 4 weeks and can be longer
Start date: all year long
There is the possibility of living on site in the hotel.
- Internship position
- Accommodation, shared housing
- Airport pick-up & drop-off
- All administrative costs
Program does not include:
- Round-trip airfare to/from Cochabamba
- Travel/emergency medical insurance
- Spanish conversation classes (encouraged but not mandatory)
$ 1,500 for 4 weeks